Sunday 22 May 2011

Weekend Purchases.

I haven't really posted this weekend as I have had my ma and pa staying so I have been busy entertaining them and doing things with them London tourist style. Even though I've been here almost 6 months my mum still every time she comes makes the same comments about how "big, busy, massive, strange, exciting" London is...(mums eh??). It is nice I guess to see the way she see's London through her eyes, when you're here day to day I guess I do kind of take it for granted how I'm living it up in the countries big smoke.

Anyway, I thought I'd show them the delights of Portobello Market as I haven't been there in years and it was a nice day so I thought it'd be a good idea to take a stroll round Notting Hill and point out some of the pastel houses and hint about them 'treating' me to one (I wish!!). I was pleased as well as I managed to pick up a few things....

Ceramic Phrenology Head (£4.00). 
I am not sure why I  like this, but I am really drawn to these kind of ornament/medical things, weird I know. It's very macabre.

Bowler Hat (£10.00).
My mum treated me to this as I have been after one for ages. I did see a hard, velvet one for £450 in a vintage designer clothing store but she told me to do one when I asked for that (ha!). This one has a really nice satin Burgundy lining but my camera battery died before I could get a picture.

I also took full advantage of the fact my Pa had his car with him so I got him to drive me to my favourite place (and his most hated place) in the whole world....IKEA!!! I don't know what it is about that store but I love it. I picked up a few bits and pieces for my humble abode including this coat-rack-shelf thing for my hall, which I built myself may I add.

My ceramic head has pride of place. Shockingly I didn't buy any clothes this weekend...I must be ill! 
xoxox


1 comment:

  1. I love the hat

    If you follow my blog and comment saying you did, I'll follow you back :)

    thenotebookofstyle.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Coco

    ReplyDelete