Thursday 12 May 2011

Recent Purchases- River Island.

1.Dark Beige Embossed Belt £16.99 2. Pansy face Leather Strap Watch £19.99.

Accessories are the one thing I tend not to purposefully go out and spend money on (except Rings which I have hundred's of and if I could I would wear hundred's of at a time!). Usually I tend to 'acquire' bags, belts and so on- the majority of the time from my mums loft which is like a shrine to leather bags. But my good friend Jordan had got given a £100.00 voucher for River Island for attending a press day and he kindly offered to take me there to help him spend it.(God I love having a best friend who works in fashion!). Anyway, River Island isn't a shop that I tend to go in but I was really pleasantly surprised!  In the past I had been put off as their stuff tended to be em-blazed with diamanté River Island logos on literally everything (especially the back pocket's of jeans). But their spring/summer collection is really sweet, very floaty and gypset-like but they also have a great range of key colour blocking pieces and I love their 'Chelsea Girl' collection (a nod to the former name of River Island).
For now I picked up these two pieces, The belt I have been wearing pretty much every day since I got it, It goes with everything and is really nice for pinching in floaty summer dresses for a more fitted feel, the embossed print on it is really sweet as well, adding a bit more interest rather than a boring old plain belt (and also the floral print puts my boyfriend off wearing and borrowing it which as a plus because he is constantly stealing my trusty Topshop plaited belt!). The watch is just really cute as well and I have been looking for a watch for ages so I was really pleased when I spotted this one! I am lusting after quite a few River Island pieces so you can expect a wish list very soon!
katie xoxox

2 comments: