Friday 17 June 2011

Friday Inspiration Post.


I have to admit I didn't really know alot about Marianne Faithful before I watched Sofia Coppola's 'Marie Antoinette' (which is by the way one of my favourite films) where Marianne Faithful stars as Maria Teressa. I recognised the name but didn't really know her but after watching the film and reading up about her I was hooked.
 



The sixties singer who started out as an angel and ended up a wild child was a gorgeous blond haired-big boobed- mary-jane - wearing singer who feel into love triangles (with Mick Jagger) and drug addiction. Her angelic voice was lost and instead a husky weary smoker's cough of a voice replaced it.

She was a muse to many, including Mick Jagger and after she woke after a 6 day coma (a result of an overdose) his face was the first she saw and she said to him 'Wild Horses couldn't drag me away' which then influenced him to write 'Wild Horses'. Her style is effortless and even now, as a pensioner she still has it despite years of addiction and having breast cancer and without a hint of botox or nip and tucks and this I think is what I love most about her.

xoxox

2 comments:

  1. She definitely is a gorgeous woman. :) For inspiring quotes, fashion pics and some dosage of happiness, go right here: http://www.thefleamarcat.com/:)

    ReplyDelete