Wednesday 11 November 2009

Stephane TV.




Tonight I am going to watch Michel Gondrys (♥) 'Science of Sleep' because I remembered how good it was. The design is so playful and limitless it is definatley in my top 10 'if i couldve worked on any film i would have worked on...' list. With the art direction being done by Pierre Pell and Stéphane Rozenbaum i love the way they captured the main character's; Stephane (played by Gael García Bernal) slighy blurred reality and his hyper active imagination. The line between awake and asleep is disstorted but wonderful. I love how crafted everything is in the film. It could have easiy had some clever little effects to make it abit different but it doesn't. Everything looks like it is made by hand and that you yourself could make it. The sets are so low tech but great. Stephane's Tv studio is by far my favourite, egg cartons will definatly be making an appearence in a film of mine one day!
I have a film crush on Michel Gondry.



No comments:

Post a Comment