Thursday 4 August 2011

Recent Purchases- Forever 21

1. Basic Skinny Jeans £8.75 2.Chiffon Floral Skirt £12.75

A few years ago when I was in California I came across a 'Forever 21' store and I loved it, It was so cheap I got a gorgeous tartan dress that is one of my go-to favourites but I'd totally forgot about it's existence until I heard it was coming to the UK, The first store opened in Birmingham and now finally they've opened a beautiful new store just outside of Bond Street station. With blogger Bip Ling in all their adverts (she is the brands 'style ambassador') I got all excited about the opening and the store didn't disappoint- It's full of treats and really cheap, I'd say it was somewhere in between H&M, New Look andTopshop, with the prices more like Primark  ( but a totally less hellish experience!!). The visual merchandising and feel of the stores really nice, the styling of the mannequins is great but the only thing I would say is I'd see something I liked on a mannequin but finding the item was impossible as it would be no where near the display, there was one dress I saw that I liked, searched for it for ages and eventually found it on a totally different floor (my time as a visual merchandiser for Miss Selfridge have taught me that is a big no no!!) other than that though it really is great. I overheard one of the sales assistants say to a customer that they only stock 65 of each item in the whole of the country which, if that's true, makes me like the store even more as it makes you feel like you're picking up something a little bit more unique and special than the majority of the mass produced stuff you get on the high street. I only picked up these two things (believe me I had to stop myself from getting more but my poverty funds at the moment wouldn't let me!) but I will be going back once payday (finally) comes.
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment