Saturday 5 December 2009

The Polaroid is not dead!


I was gutted when i heard they were going to stop making Polaroid, i've been trawling through ebay looking for bargain film and haven't had much luck and as i refuse to pay the ridiculous price for Urban Outfitters exclusive film (which doesn't even fit in my polaroid camera!) I was feeling a bit dismal about the whole thing but I have just found the most amazing thing on the Polaroid website (www.polaroid.net).

You can download an application (a bit like the one you can get for the iphone which i think is called polarize but i'm not 100% sure but this version is better) which converts your photo's to Polaroids literally, with the developing time and everything! You can save it at different stages of it processing and i am chuffed i must say, Many an hour is going to be spent on this changing my photos! Obviously it's not as good as the real thing and i am sure many will be appalled that they're making Polaroids digital but I don't care, i used to love scanning my Polaroids into my computer. I Love this find.

No comments:

Post a Comment